The Women’s Auxiliary of the Barrie Memorial Hospital are committed to protecting the privacy and the personal information of our donors, beneficiaries, partners, and to use it solely for the purpose of our activities (Quebec Law 25, An Act to Modernize Legislation Provisions Respecting the Protection of Personal Information). We value the trust of the public and the people we deal with. We recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in carefully managing the information in our files.
The term “personal information” refers to personally identifiable information about you. Some of our content may require collecting personal information from you when you complete a printed or online form. This could include:
Some of our content may require collecting personal information from you when you complete a printed or online form. This could include:
• Last name
• First name
• Telephone number
• Mailing address
We collect personal information from you when:
• You sign up for events,
• You sign up for benefit events;
• You make a donation to our organization, regardless of the form of donation;
• You sign up to become a volunteer for our organization.
During the course of our various activities, we often collect and use personal information. Anyone who provides us with this information expects it to be carefully protected. Our privacy measures are designed to achieve this.
We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. When we collect information we will refer you to this Policy, which sets out the following purposes for which personal information is necessary.
• Sending our canvasing;
• Responding when you contact us and when you make specific requests;
• Obtaining statistics on our communication and canvassing;
• Improving our website and its contents;
• Improving our services and client service;
• Any other purposes permitted by law.
We may also share personal information with certain third parties in particular:
• Third-party service providers and/or partners, in particular those who provide donation solicitation, Canada Post, database analysis; website, application development program for receipt, maintenance and other service to us. They may have access to or process personal information as part of providing those service to us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
• Governmental and law enforcement entities when required by law. For greater clarity, we may disclose personal information and other information if required to do so by law; in particular tax related, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with government or law enforcement agencies.
Before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take the necessary measures to protect it.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: The Women’s Auxiliary of the Barrie Memorial Hospital, 28 rue Gale, Ormstown, QC J0S 1K0
If you have any question or concerns, if you would like to exercise your rights or if you wish to file a complaint regarding the protection of personal information, please contact the person responsible for the protection of personal information:
The president of The Women’s Auxiliary of the Barrie Memorial Hospital, at the above address.
This Private Policy was adopted at our regular meeting on 18th October 2023.